Introduce kids to the lovely world of flowers by teaching them to draw a lotus. The activity is based on simple oval shapes as guidelines. Here is a simple step-by-step.
- Draw a big oval shape over a flat smaller one.
- Follow that up by extending two petal-like structures from the junction of the ovals on either side.
- Draw a couple of thick pointy petals on the two sides. Their bodies should be made of adequately curved lines as shown in picture
- Define the curves on the guidelines drawn in step 1. The petals have prominent pointed tips that rise sharply from the bulky oval forms.
- Highlight the curves on the guidelines sketched in step 3. The outer edges of the petals resemble the letter “S”.
- Detail the guidelines of step 2 by giving a shapely double border on the lower edge of the petals.
- Draw an overlapping triplet of petals on the right of the figure. The bigger ones are split by a sharp line.
- Repeat step 7 for the left side of the figure.
- Fill up the gaps between the upright petals with curvy triangles that represent the tips of scarcely visible petals. Serrated lines in between signify the center of the flower.
- Now it is time to give the final touch by drawing a massive circular leaf that surrounds the lotus at the bottom.
- You can beautify it by putting on bright colors.
Children will love to see the enchanting fruit of their efforts on canvas. It is a learning experience they will cherish for a long time.