The small, round, inquisitive and furry hamsters are tempting for the kids. You will be glad to know that the adorable creature can be drawn to perfection with the aid of a few easy steps.
- Draw a small oval that partially overlaps a larger one. Divide the former vertically and horizontally with the help of guidelines.
- Draw a pair of round eyes at the midpoints of the horizontal guides on the left and right halves.
- Complete the arched head and small ears with neat lines.
- Draw the furry outline of its cheeks with the help of serrated lines.
- Draw the tiny mouth and nose with the help of curved lines. Next, sketch the whiskers and inner rim of the ears.
- Give definition to the rounded body and the small tail at the back.
- Draw a couple of oblong feet that emerge from either side of its body, at the base.
- Give shape to its stocky foreleg at the left that looks more like an arm with a four-fingered palm at its end.
- Similarly, draw a slanting foreleg for the right part of the sketch.
- Make a semi-oval shape in its body to signify a light patch. Give a double border at the bottom of the eyes to finish off.
Once kids are thorough with the basic sketch, they can give it soft colors of their choice. One can also check this website to know more about hamsters. They will be delighted to reap such a cuddly fruit of their hard efforts. Do keep this secure as a memory of their first baby steps in drawing.