Kids simply adore the rich and sweet taste of pineapples or any pineapple flavored dish, for that matter. They will fall for the idea of sketching their favorite fruit on canvas as soon as you mention it to them. The activity is easy and teaches them how to draw with basic shapes.
- Begin by sketching an oval. Split it vertically into two halves by a straight line.
- Follow that up by drawing the guidelines for the leaves that should be distributed evenly on either side of the said line.
- Give the fruit an uneven outline.
- Draw the curvy triangular structures that make up the serrated crust on its body starting from the bottom of the fruit.
- Stop the crust detailing a little before reaching the topmost part of the fruit.
- Now, the bottom most leaves should be drawn.
- Continue with the leaves to the right of the central guideline. The leaves should be shaped with the guidelines drawn in step 2 as center.
- Draw a couple of leaves to the left of the axis along with the top leaf.
- Draw only the upper half of the leaves that peep from the gap between two consecutive leaves.
- Sketch the thick stalk with a couple of leaves emerging from either side.
Once kids are done with the sketch, they should erase the guidelines. You can ask them to paint it and keep an eye on the right choice of colors. Make it educative by teaching them the spelling of the fruit they just drew.