Thinking of a wolf brings the image of a vicious wild animal, with sharp claws and teeth, waiting to pounce on its prey. So, it is quite natural that any kid would prefer a deer or a rabbit when it comes to learning animal drawings. However, drawing a cute cartoon wolf can be fun. So, here is a step-by-step drawing of a female anime wolf in an elegant stance with characteristic large anime eyes. The instructions make it easier for kids to follow the steps to achieve a neat drawing.
- First draw a large oval, making it as big as you want your wolf to be as the oval will serve as the outline for the wolf’s body.
- Now, make a smaller oval a little higher in front of the one you just made for the body as shown in picture 1. This will be the head.
- Next make two curved lines for the neck and join the two ovals.
- Check picture 2 and make the two intersecting lines running through the head – these will later act as your guide to keep the facial features in place. Also, draw the outline for the wolf’s furry tail as shown in the picture.
- Now, see picture 3 to make two more ovals over the lower part of the outlined body to mark the place where the legs will be.
- The next is a relatively easier step as all you will have to do is draw three long, oval shapes as shown in picture 4 for the legs of your wolf.
- Make one circle at the end of each leg for the paws as shown in picture 5. Note how there is one circle at the end of the tail as well. This will be the fourth paw as the leg remains hidden behind the tail.
- It is time to start working over the outlines to make your picture more real. Start with the nozzle and mouth as shown in picture 6.
- Follow picture 7 and make a ruffled tuft of fur on the forehead of your wolf, followed by the outlines for her long ears.
- Now, use the curves running through the head as your guide to draw a pair of large anime eyes along with the single visible eyebrow.
- Then work on her left ear to add the details of the inner ear, before drawing a tuft of fur around the chin (picture 8).
- See picture 9 and continue in the similar manner to draw the ruffled fur around her chest and neck.
- Move on to picture 10 and work over the oval outline to draw the strong back and the abdomen. Do not forget to ruffle the lower part of the tail a little.
- Begin this step by drawing the left front leg and paw over the outlines made in step 2 as shown in picture 11.
- Next, see picture 12 and draw the partially visible right front leg with the help of the outlines drawn earlier.
- Time to work on the muscular hind legs and paws (picture 13).
- The picture is almost done as all that is left to do is erasing the existing lines from the earlier outlined drawing. Use an eraser to carefully rub out the unnecessary lines and your drawing is complete (picture 14).