Drawing a comic book superhero is always fun. But it’s not always so easy to make your drawings look like the real characters, due to their intimidating costumes and weapons. That’s where detailed drawing instructions come in handy. Here is an easy step-by-step drawing instruction for Leonardo, the leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the popular Mirage Studios comics.
- Start with a small circle for the head, followed by a large oval, with a somewhat pointy end, for the body.
- Next, check picture 2 to make small ovals for the outline of your Ninja Turtle’s arms.
- Do the same for drawing the outlines of his legs. (Picture 3)
- Now start working on the actual drawing, beginning with his turtle head and the characteristic bandanna.
- Check picture 5 to draw the front armor.
- See picture 6 to carefully draw the details of Leonardo’s partially visible shell and his muscular left arm, holding a ninjato.
- Next it’s time to work on the right arm in the similar manner. Don’t forget to give him his second ninjato.
- The drawing is almost done with the only part left being your Leo’s legs. Draw the left leg as shown in picture 8.
- Now follow picture 9 to draw the other leg.
- You now have a neat and complete pencil drawing of your favorite Ninja Turtle. Fill the picture with the right shades of green, yellow and brown, not forgetting the blue bandanna.
Now, you can try to draw his brothers Raphael, Mike and Don too so you can have the whole Teenage Mutant group.