The complicated appearance of the popular manga character and the protagonist of the Dragon Ball series, Goku may make it seem impossible to draw a neat picture of him. Here we provide a step by step instruction for drawing Goku in his Super Saiyan state.
- First, draw a perpendicular straight line, about as long as you want your Goku picture to be.
- Now draw the basic frame for your goku’s head and body as shown in picture 1. Draw a narrow band marking the waistline (picture 1) for his waistband.
- Draw two parallel lines across the body followed by a small circle at the lower left side of the chest (picture 2)
- See picture 2 to make the outlines for the legs and the shoes. Make sure the perpendicular line you drew at the beginning runs right through the middle of Goku’s body.
- Draw two slightly curved parallel lines on each sides of the body for the hands of your drawing (as shown in picture 3)
- Then make one small circle at the end of each arm. These will later become Goku’s fists. (Picture 3)
- Now, it is time to work of the head. See picture 4 to make the characteristic spiky hair with a few loose strands.
- Add the eyes, nose and mouth (as shown in picture 5) to complete the face of your Goku.
- Add a few curved lines just below the face, above the upper straight line of the two parallel lines you made across the body in step 1 (picture 5) to draw a prominent throat.
- See picture 6 to draw the muscular chest of your Goku. Make the lines over the upper parallel straight line and erase latter once you are done.
- Now, you will be working on the upper garment with the pentagonal neckline. Use the parallel lines made earlier in the body to keep your drawing well-proportioned. Do not forget to erase the unwanted lines after drawing the details.
- Work on the waistband drawn in step 1 to draw Goku’s belt with the knot at the center (as shown in picture 6). Also, replace the small circle made at the left side of the chest with a round textured badge.
- Replace the curved lines made in step 2 (for the right hand) with a muscular arm as shown in picture 7.
- Do the same with the left arm. Make sure that both the arms are of the same size.
- Do not forget to draw Goku’s thick wristbands.
- The upper body of your drawing is complete and all that is left to work on are the feet and shoes. Start drawing the baggy trousers as shown in picture 9 followed by the high boots.
Draw the soles and laces of the boots and the drawing is done.