Big fan of The Simpsons? Well, who isn’t? And it always gives great joy to work on an art project themed on your favorite TV show. Here you can learn to draw a neat picture of Homer Simpson in just ten easy steps.
- Begin your drawing with a reversed ‘U’, followed by an ‘egg’ shape attached to it as in the above picture. Then, draw the two intersecting lines that will later be used as your guide to keep the facial features in place.
- Draw two large eyes using the straight lines made in the earlier step as your guide. Don’t forget the ‘V’ shape near the throat for your Simpson’s collar.
- Now, draw two cup-like shapes as shown in the picture for the outlines of his shirt sleeves.
- Then draw two lines leading outward from the outlined sleeves (outline for homer’s arms), with a small circle at the end of each line (outlines for his fists).
- This is a crucial step where you will work on the rest of his body. Draw a large circle (as shown in picture 4) for your Homer’s torso.
- Next, follow the picture to work on his legs and shoes.
- Draw his characteristic lips and his dotted eyeballs as shown in the above picture.
- In this step, it is time to draw his hair (he only has a few though) and the right, only visible ear.
- Follow picture 7 to work over the outlined arms and make them more ‘Homer-like’. Also, erase the lines running through his face, the ones made to guide you in drawing the facial features.
- Draw the lower part of his t-shirt to complete his body and his bulky belly before erasing the straight lines made for his arms in step 3. Just erase the outlines and not the final drawing.
- Check the above picture to complete Homer’s legs with double-line rimmed trousers and simple shoes. Also, carefully erase the
- Your drawing is complete as all you have left to do now is filling your Homer Simpson with suitable shades of crayon. Take picture 10 as your guide and have fun.
Once you are done, how about trying your hand at drawing the other members of the family? Or if you have had enough drawing for one day, try some fun printable coloring pages featuring all the Simpsons.