Your kids must love Pikachu, the most popular of all the Pokémon species. However, the adorable yellow creature is not that easy to draw. Here is the step-by-step instruction for teaching your kids to draw their favorite character.
- Begin your drawing by making a rough circle followed by a smaller one on top of it (picture 1). The top circle will be the head of your Pikachu while the bottom one will be the body.
- Then, draw two small circles as shown in picture 2 for the eyes, followed by a tiny nose and a half moon for the smiling mouth.
- Draw two long triangular ears with curved sides on top of the head followed by one circle on the left cheek and a half circle (partially visible) on the right cheek. (Picture 3)
- See picture 4 to draw two small “U”s inside the bottom circle (body) for the arms.
- Next, draw two more “U”s (a little sideways facing) beneath the body for the legs.
- Now it is time to work on the characteristic lightning-shaped tail (picture 5).
- Erase the part of the head that cuts through the base of the left ear (picture 6).
- See picture 6 to redo the sides of the head and make it neater.
- Draw two angled lines near the top of the ears (picture 7), followed by a tiny tongue visible in the open mouth.
- Draw a few striped lines on the back of Pikachu (Picture 8).
- Now, it is time to work on your Pikachu’s hands by drawing tiny fingers as shown in picture 8.
- Erase the lower part of the body (the bottom circle) to draw the legs (Picture 8).
Fill the eyes and nose with black. Make sure to leave a small white circle in each eye for the pupils (picture 9). Make a tiny zig-zag line near the base of the tail to complete your Pikachu drawing.