Comic book superheroes are usually quite difficult as subjects for drawing because of their detailed body structure and intricate costumes. Spider-Man, one such popular comic book superhero, is not easy to draw and despite all the “how to draw” tutorials available online, it is not always possible to achieve an accurate hand-drawn picture. Check out this easy step-by-step instruction for drawing a neat picture of the amazing Spider-Man yourself.
- Begin by drawing a simple Spider-Man mask with two large eyes as shown in picture 1
- Now, draw the basic body structures (the torso, arms and legs) with simple straight lines, marking the hands and feet with rough round shapes (picture 1).
- See picture 2 to draw the outline for your Spider-Man’s upper body, followed by his gloved right hand.
- Now it is time to work over the straight lines drawn for his left limbs to replace them with more realistic-looking, muscular arm and leg (picture 3).
- Next, do the same for the right leg as shown in picture 4.
- Carefully erase the straight lines drawn for the basic body frame, making sure not to run the eraser over your fair drawing.
- See picture 5 to draw the characteristic spider web design on your Spider-Man’s mask.
- Next, carefully fill the torso part of his costume with the same pattern before drawing a black spider at the center of his chest (picture 6).
- Now, it is time for the arms of his costume to be filled with the spider web pattern. Make sure to leave a clear patch under the arms to be filled with solid blue color (picture 7).
- See picture 8 to work over the right foot to replace it with a spider web patterned boot.
- Also add a few lines and creases to the left leg (as shown in picture 8) to make it look more muscular and real.
- Next, see picture 9 and draw the muscular right leg followed by the spider webbed boot.
- Now all that is left to do is filing the picture with nice and suitable colors. Fill the webbed parts with red (highlighting the webbed pattern with black) and the clear parts with the proper shade of blue and your Spider-Man is ready to save the day!