Superman, the best known Marvel Comic superhero from the planet Kryptonite, has become quite a popular subject of art among little children. Besides Superman coloring pages, people are looking for simple ‘how to draw’ instructions as well. So, here is an easy step-by-step Superman drawing to help kids draw their favorite hero.
- Begin your drawing with the simplest human body structure you can think of, with a straight line for the body followed by four more lines for the arms and legs. See picture 1 to draw varying sizes of ovals at the end of each line (for the head, hands and feet)
- Now, draw the hairline on the oval made for the head (picture 2) followed by the outline for the left arm and hand.
- Next, start working on his muscular upper body and the front part of the characteristic cape as shown in picture 3.
- Draw the diamond shape on your Superman’s chest before joining the small oval made for the right hand with the rest of the body by two small lines (picture 4).
- Begin working on the lower body and draw the left leg as shown in picture 5.
- Now, see picture 6 to draw the simple outline for the right leg and feet. Also, draw the long cape blowing in the wind.
- Replace the outlined head, left arm and hand with the fair realistic drawing as shown in picture 7. Then, work on your Superman’s eyes, nose, mouth and a small dimple on the chin.
- Work over the outline for the upper body to make it look more real followed by the iconic “S” logo inside the diamond shape you drew in step 2.
- See picture 9 to work on his closed right fist and the waistband.
- Proceed toward the outlined left leg and replace it with a realistic muscular one along with Superman’s boot.
- See picture 11 and do the same with the right leg (as you did with the left one).
- Work over the outline made for the cape as shown in the picture.
- The drawing is done and now comes the fun part as here you will be adding colors to your Superman drawing. See picture 12 and fill it with the right shades and your work is complete.
Leave a Reply