Don’t you just love Toothless, the dragon from How to Train Your Dragon, who is so friendly, courageous and cute at the same time? Here is your chance to make a neat drawing of the character; just follow the easy step-by-step instructions given below.
- Begin by making a large oval for the body, followed by the outline for the head. Don’t forget to join the body and head with two lines, forming the neck.
- Now, see picture 2 and add two ovals for the pointy ears along with a pair of large wings.
- Follow the next picture to draw the outlines for your Toothless’ legs and tail.
- Once the outlines are all done, start working on the fair drawing, starting with the head, ears and his tiny horns. (Picture 4)
- Use the curved lines made inside the outlined head to draw the facial features as shown in picture 5.
- See picture 6 and draw over the outlines to make Toothless’ strong characteristic wings.
- Follow the next picture to draw his forelimbs with sharp claws.
- Now it’s time to draw the rest of the body and the hind legs (as shown in picture 8). Make sure to carefully erase the outlines made in step 1 once you complete drawing the body.
- Next, use picture 9 as your guide so you can draw his strong tail with distinct ridges running along its upper side.
- Make a pair of wide fins at the end of the long tail and your drawing is complete.
- Filling the picture with color is fun as you will be using only one gorgeous shade of black for the whole body, except of course for his left fin, which will be red with the characteristic white mark. Don’t forget the yellow eyes.
So, now that you have learnt to draw Toothless, how about trying your hand at a drawing of Hiccup, so you can complete your picture.