Making an origami fish could be a great pastime for kids. Even grown-ups can derive ample pleasure from the activity. The picture tutorial shows you how to do it in simple steps. Any tropical fish can be made in this way. You can hang a number of them from mobiles for decoration or put them inside paper aquariums for craft. It is a good choice for wall art too. Start with a square piece of paper.
How to Make an Origami Fish
Easy Origami Fish Ideas
- It could be a creative bookmark.
- Folding ang pow or hongbao (red envelope/red packet) for making the 2D fishes help you to celebrate the Chinese New Year in style.
- Little fishes on cards could be a unique greeting idea.
- You may string the swimming fish in a garland.
- Japanese may design fish kites by getting the base of the structure right.
- Glue a group of these together with a little space in between that can hold a light bulb. Hang it and you have a brilliant origami fish lantern!
- If you are setting up a table, you can fold the napkins to the twist fish pattern and awe your guests.
You can make them out of letter and A4 size paper cut to assume a square shape. You can even draw a mouth if you wish. The diagram is suitable for kindergarten kids and beginners. The origami carp recipe is printable. Once you have enough practice with it, it can be made in just 10 seconds! Reason enough for this Japanese style art to have a lot of takers.