Drawing a neat Christmas tree becomes each kid’s ambition as the month of December draws near. Knowing how to draw a colorful Christmas tree, along with Santa Clause and reindeer pictures, can be a great help when planning handmade home decorations using themed posters and cut-outs. So, here is an easy, step-by-step drawing to help you draw a neat Christmas tree with twinkle lights and decorations.
- Begin your drawing by making a tall skirt shape with a pointy top as shown in the picture. This is the outline for your Christmas tree crown.
- Next, make a little start on top of the skirt shaped outline followed by a small rectangle at the base for the tree trunk.
- Now see picture 2 to make four curvy lines running through the crown outline, dividing it into five parts.
- Follow picture 3 to replace the first three lines cutting through the crown with ruffled, curvy zigzag lines so they can give your drawing the characteristic Christmas tree appearance.
- Check the above picture and do the same as you did in step 3 with the fourth line running through the tree as well as its lowest edge. Now your tree should look much more realistic.
- Draw small circles scattered throughout the surface of your tree crown for the twinkle lights as shown in picture 5.
- Next, see picture 6 and draw neat garlands formed of tiny stars spiraling the tree for some additional decoration.
- Now comes the fun part as it is time to fill the picture with colors. See picture 7 to find the right shade of green for the tree and then run wild with your imagination to fill the lights and decorations with bright and festive colors.